30 April 2013

electric


 
 




I must say, there are a lot of cats in my life right now - and I'm really a dog person. A Siberian Husky person to be exact. Last week I was having a conversation with one of my coworkers, for some reason we were talking about dogs, and she said the only dog she would ever get was a Siberian Husky. And it was like we were soul mates for a few seconds, because I completely agreed with her. 

Huskies are intelligent, playful, extremely clean (except when they shed) and beautiful. That being said, they are also full of energy, curious to the point of destructive, mouthy (they will tell you off with a mixture of howls, yowls, whines and barks) and totally beyond the caring capacity of an urban household of two working people. 

But I wish I had the lifestyle where I could own a husky. 

As you can see, the flowers are blooming and another weaving project is in the works. This is another joint effort between me and my mom. We set up the loom together and she's doing the weaving. The black cat with the golden eyes is hers and the cupcakes were a special treat that Ashley baked. They're called Black Magic cupcakes and they are wonderful. Black magic and a black cat and - oh! - I named the sock yarn Black Magic as well. 

5 comments:

  1. I've finished the weaving project mentioned above and just need to tie off the ends. I think Jake will like it. As far as Kitty Cat is concerned,she met Meow outside for the first time tonight... She's smitten - I had a hard time getting her in and she has been planning her escape to the outdoor world ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last dog was a husky. I had her for 15 years. I told my husband that once we move to a nice piece of land we are getting another husky. I miss her. Her name was Blue and she is buried under the dogwood tree at my parent's farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicolle, thank you for sharing the beautiful memory of Blue. My husky's name was Cree Marie, we had her for 14 years and she too is buried at my parents' farm.

      Delete
  3. these photos are amazingly beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to sign up for some photography classes through community education this summer - hope I can pick up some more skills!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...