20 April 2013

color play





The weekend finds me thrashing through my closet in search of something to wear to a family wedding. The weather (of course) is not cooperating. A light spring dress with some cute shoes should have been an obvious choice for a late April wedding, but now I'm contemplating my snow boots and various layers of tights and wool.

The project above is currently on Ashley's knitting needles, but I had to snap a few shots to share it with you all. The pattern is called Shaelyn, available here and the yarn is our Forever in Blue Jeans colorway available here. We just dyed two new batches of this colorway because we love it so much (and also the first batch someone (she shall not be named, though it's probably a bit too late for that) snatched and started knitting with before we could post it to our shop. That's one of the downfalls of creating your own products, I suppose. Wanting it all for yourself.

The pretty columbines were sitting in a sunny spot at the garden center up the street a few days ago. I'm waiting for my own columbines to push up through the soil in our backyard. Soon. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle when I read your blog this morning and you talked of warm boots and wool being the most logical, but not very,hmm, should I say "hip" attire for our wedding this evening. Makes me think of an earlier post titled: "Wool at the Wedding".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was actually thinking about wearing that same tweed skirt . . .

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...