22 May 2013

rambles


  




   


A rainy evening has kept me inside. I won't stress about the weeds that are taking over the garden, because they'll certainly be there tomorrow afternoon - much bigger and therefore easier to grab onto to pull out. I've managed to plant more seeds than pull weeds, this is the way I usually cultivate my garden. You have to know what's coming up where in order to gauge what you should do next.

The garden always looks the worst just before it looks the best.

Um.

It's always the darkest before the dawn.

Not sure that one works either. How about I make a promise to myself that I will get out there as soon as I can, and instead of worrying that it's not going to look like the "cover" garden from a magazine? I'll just enjoy the soft dirt beneath my hands.

Okay then.

I did a sketch of my garden at work the other day. I'm going to try to turn it into a little pattern for stitching.  The dark combed top is also spinning up nicely. I can't wait to combine it with the sparkly novelty yarn. One of my favorite parts of spinning is plying the strands together.

That's where the magic happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...