22 February 2009

Blackberry Wine


"Wine talks, ask anyone. The oracle on the street corner; the uninvited guest at the wedding feast; the holy fool. It has a million voices. It unleashes the tongue, teasing out secrets you never meant to tell, secrets you never even knew. "


Joanne Harris, Blackberry Wine





I'm naming this colorway Blackberry Wine in honor of Joanne Harris's wonderful novel about wine making in France, childhood friendships, and first loves. I haven't read the novel in many years, but when I thought of the name for this roving the first few lines came back to me. "Wine talks, ask anyone..."



I have this guy to thank for the fiber. One of our two rams: Hops. He may look dun/gray but shearing day reveals the downy white fiber close to his skin, fiber that takes up dye like a sponge. Oh la la.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...