21 February 2009

New Threads

It's been a busy week here at Tendril & Twine, but I want to keep you all up to date with things down at the barn. In an earlier post I briefly described shearing day and posted some photos. After a run under the buzzer the sheep are covered again (in vastly smaller coats) and we start to look forward to our spring lambs. (We're expecting our first arrival around March 14.)



Here's a photo of Julia checking out the bags of fiber lined up in the barn. I always wonder what the sheep think when they are released, pounds lighter, without the four inch layer of padding they've been accumulating for twelve months. Do they miss it? Are they relieved? Will they get chilly? This year the temperature dipped below zero the weekend of shearing, but the sheep seemed to manage.

Here's a close up of Julia's lovely gray-blue fiber. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...