29 March 2014

the sprinkles on top









Lots of color around here today. We had a baby shower for my cousin Ashley and so I finally get to show the baby quilt that my sister and I made for her. I made the top and my sister quilted it on her machine and sewed the binding. Bright and colorful - it makes me smile. We used flannel shirt fabric for the back so it should be nice and soft for the baby.

Baking cupcakes. We've had these before and I made homemade cream cheese frosting to spread on top. We overindulged for about twenty four hours, then I brought the rest to work and they were gone in under five minutes.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

10 comments:

  1. The baby quilt was beautiful - such bright and cheerful colors - Ashley will treasure it always. PS - I love the striping on your new sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have one of those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too . . . I want one now. I wish I hadn't given them all away.

      Delete
  3. Those are the best cupcakes! And I do love the quilt, it is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley - and you are very welcome!

      Delete
  4. Lovely quilt and such a practical fabric for the back. I always make extra cream cheese icing, so I can indulge myself when scraping the bowl afterwards. Sounds as though you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Jillian. The multi-colored flannel fabric is perfect! Great job - I'm sure the mom-to-be was thrilled. What a wonderful keepsake for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt, and yummy looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, so glad your blog is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! So happy to be back up and running again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...