02 March 2014

heart warming









The weekend can't be almost over - I haven't checked one thing off of my "to do" list. Instead I've been napping and playing around with fabric both days - not organizing all our paperwork for our taxes and not cleaning the bathrooms like I had planned.

There has been some baking and cooking. The soup is a recipe I've posted before, still just as good as I remembered it to be and the cheesy garlic biscuits can be found here. They are best hot out of the oven when the cheese is still melted inside of them. Easy. Yummy. Addicting.

The book I'm reading has been keeping my interest so far. The Hangman's Daughter, by Oliver Potzsch. It's fun to knock about in the 17th century with the characters. The plot revolves around a hangman and a midwife - so I'm learning a lot about 17th century medical lore and herbs - which makes me think about my garden. As I write this I can see out the window to the back garden, which is covered by two feet of snow, at least.

It's gonna be awhile before I get out there. 

4 comments:

  1. Hangman's Daughter is one of my favorite series as of late! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing with fabric sound much more exciting than paperwork or cleaning the bathroom. Your cat is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern Jillian - I can see how you could get lost in it for a long time! Such little squares. The book sounds really interesting. Historical fiction is my favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of that quilt - it will be lovely. I hope the weather eases up soon for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...