23 March 2013

yellow ribbon








Yellow ribbon in the sunshine. Today I was surrounded by such vibrant colors that I couldn't help but be joyful. Last night I came home from work to my sister, my three week-old niece, Brooke, and Garrett seated in our living room. We ordered Chinese and then talked into the night.

This is the first time Garrett and I have had an infant in the house and I must admit it was peculiar to hear little Brooke gurgle and squeak. Hmmm - I'm guessing it's been a long time since the walls in this house have heard a baby crying. The previous owners were a young couple (no children) and before that an old woman with children long grown.

I can't claim that we were much help to my sister, though. We held little Brooke when she was happy, clean and well-fed, but let Jenny take care of the more highly trained tasks. Brooke is still so little - just eight pounds.

Anyway, our house is now silent. The cat's hiding somewhere, Garrett is busy with homework and I'm up in my studio beneath the gables working. The room is strewn with magazine scraps, seed packets, yarn and ribbon.

The ribbon and yarn above are for a baby bonnet my sister wants me to hurry up and make Brooke for Easter. I've got a week. I hope I can get it done.

2 comments:

  1. oh Jillian what a beautiful composition... and that little munchkin is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the delight of Brook Lynn! New babies always smell, sound, look, delicious! Even when they cry and need their mamas. They are still delightful. Your pictures are mesmerizing! I can't wait to see what you do with all the trimmings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...