14 March 2009

Seven Socks


Socktopus Knitty.com

Ahoy Mate! Doesn't this toy just make you smile? The pictures that go with the pattern on Knitty.com are very sweet. (You'll have to check them out.) When I saw this pattern I knew I had to knit it at once, and handily one of my friends is pregnant, so it makes the perfect gift. Though I almost didn't want to part with it.


Those of you out there who are wary of turning a short row heel, here's a simple practice for you. (Eight tricks, no less!) By the time you're through with this toy you'll be ready to graduate to a pair of socks for your own bipeds.


Octosocks here ran (or shall I saw swam, gushed?) a riot through my stash. Any worsted weight yarn will do. I tried to select colors that really rocked off each other for the most contrast. What type of socks will you put on your seaweedy friend? Perhaps the toy's future playmate will help you make the selections.

Try not to smile. I dare you.

1 comment:

  1. Jill that octopus is adorable, both Amber and Josiah love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...