20 January 2016

yarn along (01)







This is my first ever post joining Ginny's Yarn Along. I'm excited to be a part of this group, not only do I love seeing all of your projects, but I also need all the book suggestions that I can get. I'm currently out on maternity leave from my job, so I have been reading more than I ever have been in the last five years.

I'm currently reading a few books in tandem: "The Luckiest Girl Alive" by Jessica Knoll and a remake of "Sense and Sensibility" by Joanna Trollope. I must say I'm reading Jessica Knoll's book much faster than Joanna Trollope's. There's an element of mystery that I want to discover and plus the narrator is absolutely entertaining. Sometimes I can't believe what she says and thinks - it's definitely on the darker more risky side of things. I read "Gone Girl" a few years ago and I have to agree with other reviews that I've read about this book that this story is similar to that book. Readability wise they are both page turners. The subject content is different though. (See a few previous posts for my thoughts on Trollope's "Sense and Sensibility."

Still knitting away on my tweed baby blanket and I cast on the toe for my second striped sock. Magenta is my favorite color. My sister made the quilt featured in this post as a shower gift for my son. You can check out her blog here.


Keep reading and knitting everyone!

xo Jill

8 comments:

  1. Those socks will be stunning - far too nice to hide away. If you click on the "books" label on my blog, it will show posts where I have written about books I have read. Lots of good one there. I am also on Good Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I will check out your book list.

      Delete
  2. Your knitting is beautiful! Welcome to the yarn along :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to be a part of it!

      Delete
  3. Your knitting is beautiful!
    My book suggestions won't be of much use if you're looking for something new and you've already read Jane Austen, because at the moment I am enjoying Emma and before that I had just finished Pride & Prejudice. Such lovely books :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! I reread Jane Austen novels again and again. I love "Sense and Sensibility", "Emma" and "Persuasion."

      Delete
  4. Those socks are wonderful! Are you striping with a variegated and a solid? Or is that all from the yarn itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yarn is Fame Trends fingering weight yarn. I'm getting the stripes by pulling from the beginning - and knitting 4 rows - and then changing to pulling from the end of the skein - and knitting 4 rows. Thanks for asking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...