30 January 2011

birth day

It's been a busy weekend filled with birthdays. My sister had her baby early Friday morning and then she and I got to celebrate the gift of her baby girl today for our birthday.

Little Hannah Marie should stay nice and warm in this sweater knit from some of our painted and hand spun top.

This is what it looked like last spring on the bobbin. You may recall a half-knit pair of socks and a sock puppet that I also knit with this particular batch of yarn. The colors just called out for something in miniature . . . something for a baby.

I love the way the structured decreases cause the stripes to turn at a ninety degree angle . . . it negates the fact that the gauge on this yarn wobbles between fingering and baby weight. If you look closely you can definitely tell this garment is hand spun. The pattern is from DROPS Design Studio.

I pretty much followed it word for word, but let my hand spun stripe itself. My favorite part are the buttercup yellow buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...