02 July 2010

three's a charm (working on it)

I can't believe that I've been spinning for a little over two years and I've never attempted to make a triple ply yarn. Here's a picture of my first attempt. I want to make a chunky yarn, something that will knit up quite nicely on size 10 or 11 needles, and I'm not there yet.

The singles that go into this triple ply are going to have to be a bit fatter. Here's an occasion where a little bit of extra plump is a good thing!


This yarn will have to wait though, because this weekend I'm going on a camping trip to a cabin up north, and unfortunately there's no room in the car for my spinning wheel.

I do have some small knitting projects packed, through. It wouldn't be a vacation without my knitting.

Happy independence day everyone!

P.S. the background for this picture is a quilt my sister made for me this past fall and the fiber I used for this yarn is available for purchase . . . just check out the sidebar links to Crosby Hill Farm on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...