06 March 2011

one sock wonder

Originally, I was going to call this blog One Sock Wonder, but settled on tendril/twine instead because of my love of both knitting and gardening, but these days it seems like I am only a one sock wonder.

I finally finished just one of the "windjammer" socks that I've been working on for my sister. (This particular sock appeared amongst the swiss chard growing in my garden last summer -- just to illustrate how long I've had it on the needles.) I hope I can finish the other sock before this summer's harvest of swiss chard . . . the season of flip flops will soon be upon us.

Not that I'm complaining.

I have some time to knit now, but instead of focusing on just this project I've started two more. I'm home visiting my parents today and the lure of my mother's fiber room stocked with beautiful boxes of yarn spun from our sheeps' fiber was too much to resist - I had to grab about a half a mile of the new mohair and wool blend that my mom just got back from the fiber mill and start on another sweater.

I guess I shouldn't moan about how many projects I have on the needles, or even the fact that these projects seem to be talking longer and longer to complete . . . the yarn is here and I am here and I'll just take it one stitch at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...