09 August 2010

when the opposite occurs


I was home at the farm this past Thursday, and you know what that means: I spent the entire afternoon planted on my butt spinning fiber.

This fiber.

A while back, when I finished dying it I thought it was a bit of a dud batch. Some unexpected things had happened. I expected the black dye to absorb more and hoped that the reds and magentas would stay subtle, but the opposite occurred.

More rosy reds, less dark blacks.


I guess I should know by now to keep an open mind when I start tipping jars of color into the dye pot.

If you don't unintentionally do what you never wanted you won't get results that you couldn't imagine. (I only sanction this mindset with dying fiber, finger painting, and plant combinations in the garden.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...