31 August 2009

chicken + leek + ginger noodle soup



Tomorrow I'm moving into my new apartment down in the cities. Today I'm making restorative chicken noodle soup to prepare for the event. 

Here's my my recipe:

one homegrown chicken (without feathers)
a pile of carrots
a big onion
a thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
two leeks
two bay leaves
half a bulb of garlic
a pile of celery
a few shallots
thyme
rosemary
garlic chives
peppercorns
three giant handfuls of noodles
salt to taste
top with fresh chopped garlic chives 

Of course, I make a chicken broth first, and then dice up new veggies for my finished soup. The secret to this soup is the organic chicken, leeks, garlic and ginger. The ginger flavor is absorbed into the meat. It sweetens it somehow, and also adds a bit of a zing. Hopefully, you can find some of these ingredients in your garden. 

Trust me, this is the soup for you if you're feeling under the weather . . . or if you think you have a rough few days ahead. 

Prepare yourself a pot and "comment" me in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...