30 August 2017

made with love









About two weeks before Cora was born I realized that I hadn't made her a baby blanket yet, so when I put my son down for a nap I spent some time cutting out enough squares to make one of the 5 square by 5 square baby quilts that I love so much. I pulled out my collection of Anna Maria Horner fabric that I'm also using for my Dream Punk quilt.

So much fun!

The fabric with the flying bird print is a JoAnn purchase that I've been saving - just hoping that I would have another baby and that I could use the squares I saved to make it. I love the free spirit of the flying birds and the fresh blue color.

I didn't have enough of the magenta fabric to make a complete border, so I used two different fabrics for that. I love the scrappy feeling of this quilt. It just came together and I know the story of how it all worked out.

The pretty baby sweater is called Korrigan. This one took a little bit longer to make than the quilt. I used hand painted yarn from Rivers Edge Fiber Arts. The colorway is Lilac. This pattern takes a fun twist on cables. It's knit from the top down, so you do the most difficult knitting at the start of the project, then the rest is stockinette. I have a feeling I will be making a few more of these for Cora as she grows. I just love this pattern.

xo Jill

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jill looks like you are having a creative Wednesday. Love the look of everything you have made. Especially L & C! I have been waiting to see these pictures. Cheers, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of Cora. I can't get over how much hair she has. I hope you and your family are all well. lovely flowers, knitting and quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...