15 October 2015

nesting






I knit this little cap in a few days. It's a modified version of this pattern. I just added some stripes and purled each first row of new color.  I like how at each color join there's a thin strip of contrasting color. The hat looks good inside out too, but the i-cord and tassel don't show.

The nest above was built by a cardinal couple that we watched all summer. They hatched some baby cardinals a flew away late in the summer, leaving their handiwork behind.

I've been nesting lately as well - only six more weeks until baby arrives! We set up the nursery last weekend, but we still have piles of baby things to organize before we can call it complete. Last night I made a double batch of enchiladas and froze one pan for later.

I'm happy we're waking up to Friday tomorrow :)

xo Jill

3 comments:

  1. I remember making muffins and freezing them, so I had quick healthyish snacks to pull out when I didn't get baking done or visitors turned up unexpectedly. I would also make double batches of lasagne and casseroles and freeze them too in meal sized portions. Have you decided on names yet?
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I'm going to make lasagna next and probably a few batches of cookies and some banana bread. We have decided on a name, but we're trying to keep it a secret. Both my husband and myself have already slipped up a few times. I can't wait until he's here and everyone knows it.

      Have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. Andrew, Cameron, Craig, Robert, Jamie, Agnus, Sheldon....? Love the little hat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...