08 March 2009

Sweet



These socks (Sweetheart Socks, Interweave Holiday 2007) make me want to miscite love poems by Robert Burns. My love is like a red, red rose that's newly bloomed in June. . . and so on and so forth. Once started they are hard to put down. The pattern is challenging, but after a few repeats I've stopped bending my bamboo needles and started to relax.


It's not just the front panel that draws ohhs and ahhs, the back is just as intriguing. Never before have I executed such twists and turns in my stitches. This is like a very fiery, slightly dangerous, weekend love affair, that will have no repercussions besides the possibility of very sweaty feet should I wear these beauties out of season.



And who wouldn't be tempted to do that?

1 comment:

  1. your socks are beautiful! i cant wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...