09 February 2013

fingers in the frosting



My first woven object is complete and in the hands of its new owner. I gave it to my sister as part of her birthday present. So that means I'm free to start another project without worrying that the old one is getting dusty (at my house anyway). I gave away a lot of knitted objects today. My sister also got the sweater, booties and hat that I'd made for the new baby. I guess it's time to make more of those as well.


The party for my niece was a nice break from the usual Monday through Friday grind that we've been experiencing around here. It was good to see family and overeat. My grandparents were there and my grandma looked well, so there's a lot to be thankful for.



I couldn't help snapping some pictures and stealing some books while I was at my sister's house. She's a quilter, so amongst the books and toddler toys there were tiny piles of fabric and spools of thread.



Ashley has made a knitted softie for our niece every year. This one is a handspun bunny, knit entirely in one piece, which sounds very convenient.


Here's the little pillow I finished for Hannah. She was sitting on it this afternoon, so at least I know that she'll get some use out of it - and that's the most important thing, right?


The afternoon ended with cake which one little person couldn't keep her fingers out of.

A sweet day indeed.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...