25 July 2012

hoping for a blizzard


I'm a sucker for knitting socks in the summer. Maybe it's because the project is small and it can easily fit in my lap, or maybe its because my attention is distracted by the garden and other projects during the summer - that I like knitting simple socks.

Socks also inspire me to think about chilly mornings, hot cups of tea and crackling fires - all of the things that winter brings that I enjoy.


 This is the combed top that I used to spin these socks. I think I noted earlier that the colorway is "Morning Glory" from Crosby Hill Farm. After weeks and weeks of weather in the 90s I'm hoping for a blizzard here come December . . . a the very least some brisk flurries so that I can pull out these socks and prance around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...