11 December 2011

in the spirit


We put our tree up a few weeks ago, but this is the first chance I've gotten to snap a photo of it. We cut it down ourselves - well, I guess I shouldn't say "we" Garrett did all the work - but I had a hand in selecting which tree to bring home.

I think we were surprised when we got it home and realized how short and squat it was, but it's good to have a tree with personality. (Right, Charlie Brown?)



Somehow, I've also found the time to cast on a few stitches . . . Hopefully this project will show up under the tree . . . that is if I can find enough time to knit in the days leading up to Christmas.


The yarn is Paton's Stripes, something I'd forgotten I had, but I rediscovered it along with our cat when she drug segments of it around the house and got it tangled around the legs of our furniture both upstairs and down. Better to knit it up into something useful.


This year we've got baskets of pine cones all around. Some of them will go for wedding decorations, others will be packed away for next year. I have a hard time tossing away a well-blossomed pine cone.

Hope your holiday is bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...