20 August 2011

late summer knitting



It's been awhile since I posted a blog about something I'm working on. These mittens are my current project and I have to say they are taking quite a bit of effort. The needles are tiny, I have to read a chart to knit the pattern and progress has been slow.

The results are stunning, so I guess I'll keep knitting.



At this point I'm just past the thumb and it feels like I'm at the home stretch . . . for this first mitten at least.

News from the kitchen: I've been making the same cabbage salad over and over. I just can't get enough of it. This past winter I was hooked on a chinese cabbage salad (with the toasted ramen noodles and the sesame seeds) this one is just as good, but with a fresh twist on the ingredients for summer.

It calls for green onions, cilantro, beets and sugar peas. Here's a link to the recipe.


It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon here. I'm going to go and work in the garden. There are tomato plants that need stabilizing, weeds to pull and flowers to pick.

Here's what's gracing our kitchen table at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...